Oct 6, 2008
Driving to the Smokies
Some of you know that I have a new Toyota Yaris, a 4-cylinder, 2-door hatchback, which I love, and which Cathy and I drove from my home in southern Indiana to the Smokies in North Carolina. I'm pleased to report that we averaged 41 mpg. (I get 35 in town.) Some say that staying at 60 mph or below results in the best mileage, so I do wonder if that would have worked for us. However, in order to keep from being run over we had to drive at least the speed limit on the interstates, because everyone else was running at 5 to 10 mph over. The drive was an adventure, and I was very thankful to have Cathy as a navigator. I made one wrong turn somewhere, and we totally missed another because it simply wasn't there, so our trip down took too long. The trip back home was more timely. Cathy, by the way, (or Catherine, as she prefers to be called) flew in from Boise on Saturday the 27th. We had a day just to ourselves before undertaking the trip to NC. Many of you probably don't know that we have been friends since first grade! During the ride there and back we solved many of the world's troubles. You think?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment