May 12, 2009

Gardens and Flowers





Here are some pictures of recent changes around the house, including the beautiful hanging plant (a Mothers' Day gift), the clematis that finally decided to bloom (and we'll have about a hundred more blooms before it's done), and the bush out front of the house that was nearly decimated by the early Spring and late frost of a couple years ago. I'm happy to see it blooming again!

Busy days with the nicer weather finally here. I've been getting the garden planted; all done but the green beans. I have to go to town and get some bush bean seeds today because I had accidentally gotten pole bean seeds. In the past, I've grown both, and though the pole beans are easier to pick, it's hard to find the best way to support them, and the beans themselves seem to be tougher. So, I'll be picking beans on my knees in the dirt again this summer, probably hoping the plants will die because they produce skabillions of beans before they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment