Aug 20, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything


It's been a busy month, and though I continue to take pictures to share, I've not found (or not taken) the time to post them with a story or at least a comment on my blog. So...



Most recently I drove up to South Bend for Mike's dad's estate auction, and here are a couple pictures from that busy day. Several family members were there to help out, both to act as deputy sheriffs to prevent theft and also to help one another get past the sorrow of seeing the sale of the "stuff" that represents a person's life. Makes one realize that the value of our stuff cannot compare with the value of loved ones.


One misty August morning, Mike's camera caught this deer (dear) family in our front yard. I expected them to decimate my garden, but they simply wandered on by as if they were only imagined.




My flowers continue to amaze me with their contrasting colors and textures, so here are a few shots of these miraculous beauties.

























Speaking of contrasting colors, take a look at this picture of one day's produce from my garden. The garden itself may be ugly as can be, but the vegetables are great!


What's doing best in the garden? The volunteer sunflowers! There are also volunteer tomatoes and cantaloupe and gourds, thriving with the rain and sunshine of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment